Thursday, October 26, 2006


REAL MEN DON'T _____!

Marshall: Why can't two men go to brunch together? When did brunch become girly? Breakfast isn't girly! Lunch isn't girly! So Why is brunch girly?!!!

Barney: Dude, a horn is manly and a horse is manly. Put them together, though, and you got yourself a unicorn!
"How I Met Your Mother"
Okay so I have heard the real men do not eat quiche, and real men do not cry. Well I have tasted quiche. It's okay, not great, but okay. There are instances when a man might cry as well. This must be an extreme situation, like the death of a loved one. Crying because of pain well that's just right out! You Pansy!
So these two do not always hold up. The reason I am writing today is to discuss something that has been troubling me for sometime........MEN WEARING PINK! You know you have seen them. Men out there wearing pink shirts and acting like NOTHING is wrong! This is unexceptable!
Now I have tried to get to the bottom of this but have really never gotten a straight answer. I have asked friends about men wearing pink. Some people have said that it is okay for some men, because "They can pull something like that off." Why in the world would you want to pull something like that off? If I was super macho and wanted to wear a dress and lipstick, would people STILL say "Well he can pull that off."
This is an important subject that must be addressed as we discuss the issue of recovering Biblical Manhood and Womanhood. There was a time when we could tell a man from a woman by the colors He or She wore. Now I am a firm believer that pastels of any sort have no business in a man's wardrobe. Maybe I can make an exception for some, but pink is RIGHT OUT! I mean what are you supposed to say to a man wearing a pink shirt? "Wow that sure is a PRETTY shirt?"
Maybe this all stems from childhood when young boys were playing with there action figures. Maybe they thought their G.I. JOE needed a wife? So they went into their little sister's room to grab a Barbie. The next thing you know the kid is playing with a doll!
Now some might say that I am insecure in my masculinity, but I am not the one wearing the pink shirt now am I?
Some of you might ask if I am being a hypocrite. You may say that the argument could be made that men should have short hair and women long hair. Since there have been periods of my life when I have had long hair, it would seem that I was being rather girly. Well my response is this: In the movie Braveheart we see MEN with long hair and wearing dresses(kilts really) waging war and being extremely tough. The movie is awesome, and every man rages and beats his chest. NOW imagine William Wallace and his band of warrior poets fighting the English wearing pink! IT JUST DOESN"T WORK!
I do not hold that men can be metrosexuals. Well they can, but I am gonna still make fun of them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coincidentally one of my professors wore a pink shirt to class today. By the way he was a Marine Scout Sniper in WWII, assisted in retaking Iwo Jima, and is a freaking genius.You call him a sissy.

And get a haircut....hippie,

Anonymous said...

I would not like a man who wore pink but is it a double standard to say that when I wear blue and green and other dark colors?

Caleb and Anna said...

Well, I guess different people have their "hot-button" issues. Sounds like yours is pink shirts. By the way, I own a pink shirt and a salmon colored one...and a tie that has pink it it. I also have three shotguns under my bed, a truck in my driveway, a wife by my side, an American flag flying from my porch, and a boat in my shed. But I guess I'm a sisee...

Caleb